Thursday, March 5, 2009

Physical TV

From time-to-time, my friends Richard Allen and Karen Pearlman from the Physical TV company will send me an SMS with the details of their latest creative endeavour - where and when they will be rehearsing/performing. I am usually over there like a shot, whenever my work schedule permits, because it is always enlightening, always inspiring to engage with them in the creative process. Over the 20 years we've known each other, I've been privileged to participate with them on a number of projects, from the worlds of Theatre, Dance and Performance Poetry, to more recently, taking stills photographs during the filming and rehearsals for their many and varied cross-media events. You can see some of my photos on the Physical TV website. Richard is also a Yoga teacher.

Over the last few weeks, they have been in rehearsal for a piece that will be part of the festival Short & Sweet+Dance at the Seymour Centre, running between 23 February-14 March 2009. Here are some pics from the dance-studio rehearsal in Chippendale, Sydney.


















1 comment: